Friday, November 28, 2008

Eagle Eye (movie)

If you know anything about me, you know I love conspiracies and shadow governments. Eagle Eye was about a computer that has access to EVERY form of media and can basically control the country by itself by hacking into cell phones, survelaince cameras, etc.

Shia LsBeouf (Transformers, Disturbia) did a good job. I like him as an actor, though I'm starting to think he plays the same character in every movie.

The plot was only somewhat original. I felt like I had seen most of it in other movies. The computer was basically a straight copy of HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey, right down to the scene in which the computer has to read lips in order to "hear" what they're saying.

The action scenes were very well done but I felt that they were too few. I expected more in a movie like this.

My Rating: 3.3/5
My Recommendation: See it. 3.3 may sound low but hear me out: this was not a top-notch movie and doesn't belong on anyone's top 10 list of all-time greats, but it was very entertaining and well worth your time. I say Red Box it.

No comments: