Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stargate: SG-1 Season One (TV Show)

Ever seen the movie Stargate? If you have, I'm sure you'll agree it's a great movie. Even my wife liked it and she isn't much of a sci-fi fan.

If you didn't know (I'm always surprised how many people don't), Stargate became a TV series in 1997. It was amazing. I just rewatched the whole first season (2nd time seeing it) and I'm getting ready to start season 2. The show has 10 seasons.

Stargate SG-1 is action packed sci-fi bliss. The story lines are original and entertaining, and, while episodic, they tend to maintain some sort of running storyline.

I remember watching seasons 4 and 5 with my parents after my mission. Friday night was Round Table and Stargate Night. This show was so good that I'd have friends call me to hang out and I opted to stay because I didn't want to miss the show (that was in the days before DVR).

Even though I've seen the first 5 seasons, rewatching season 1 was still VERY entertaining (I had forgotten a lot). I'm excited to move on to season two and eventually catch up to where I had left off. I left for college after season 5 and never watched the rest of it.

My Rating: 5/5 (amazing show)

My Recommendation: SEE IT. Go netflix season 1. You won't be disapointed.

1 comment:

darthchicken said...

I think it would be fair to mention that it has a lot in similar with the the original Star Trek series. Teamwork, Exploration, and alien cultures.