Sunday, July 27, 2008

Iron Man (Movie)


I finally got around to seeing this movie. I had heard great things and everyone seemed to say great things about it. I am no exception to the norm.

Iron Man was a well thought out movie and very believable (for the most part). Those of you who know me, know that I am all about a movie that is believable and at least somewhat possible (superhero movies are sometimes the exception to this rule).

Originally, I thought to myself: "Come on, a guy builds a robot suit that is nearly indestructible, can fly, and shoots missiles from his wrists??? That's a bit far-fetched..." But surprisingly I was wrong. The story they wrote and the world they created made these things quite accessible by my imagination.

Iron Man had a great script, great story, and an outstanding performance by Robert Downy Jr. and a GREAT performance by Jeff Bridges. There was never a dull moment and there were plenty of "YEAH!" or "AWESOME" moments that we all wish were in EVERY superhero movie.

Cons: --Spoiler Alert--

If there were any cons at all, I'd say that it was predictable for one. I mean, the plot was fairly generic. I didn't feel that this got in the way of the movie, however. You knew he'd end up with the chick and you knew he'd defeat the bad guy, etc. Also, the one thing that really got me up in a bunch (here comes my realism vein) is that he was able to fly from the US to the middle east and back using only what little fuel he could store in his boots. Come on. I don't care what kind of super powered fuel you created, Tony Stark, it wouldn't be THAT powerful.

My Rating:
5/5
My Recommendation: SEE IT NOW!

No comments: