Friday, July 18, 2008

The Total Money Makeover (Book)

Have you ever picked up a book that really changes your life? I've read a few of them. Aside from the scriptures, books like The Success Principles or The Secret can be very inspiring. But this week both my wife and I read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. Dave is a nationally-syndicated talk show host that talks about personal finance and about getting out of debt.

I've got three words to say about this book: IT WAS AMAZING. This book is for everyone. Please take my word on this, I don't care what your situation is, you NEED to read this book. Get it used on Amazon for like $8.

Dave Ramsey outlines in this book how someone that makes as little as $40K, even $30K, even $25K a year (in other words, ANY income) can pay off ALL debt (EVEN YOUR HOME MORTGAGE) and be a multi-million dollar CASH millionaire by the time your retire.

It's not about getting rich. It's about being FREE of debt and the amazing lifestyle that you will live when you have no debt.

Here's a taste of what you will be inspired to do if you read this book:
  1. In 8 months we will have paid off all our debt (other than our house), things like car payment and student loans
  2. In 2 years we will have $10,000 in CASH saved up as an emergency fund
  3. In 10 years or less we will have our house paid off
  4. In 20 years (I'll only be 50 years old), I will retire with millions in the bank
I'm not kidding. Get the book. Read it.

P.s. For those in the Las Vegas Area, starting THIS MONDAY (July 21, 2008) at 7pm the Dave Ramsey Show will start being aired on KXNT, AM 840. Be sure to tune in.

My Rating: 5 out of 5 (or 10 out of 5)
My Recommendation: Stop what you're doing this instant and GO BUY THE BOOK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great review